Saturday, August 21, 2010

Day 9 of the 30 Days of Truth

Day 9:Someone you did not want to let go but drifted off

People drifting in and out of my life is pretty common. I never want to let them go but I know that there will be a time and place when we re-connect. Life gets busy and in the way sometimes of seeing/talking with my friends on an everyday basis but once I make a friend they are my friend for life. I recently heard from my BFF from college. It had been many years since we last spoke but we picked back up with the memories like it was only yesterday and that is usually the case for me with long lost friends.

I have been told that I am very "Fluid". I don't stress too much about missing friends or not talking or staying in touch all the time, as I said they come back around when it's time. People are put in our lives when we need them most.

The world of twitter,facebook,blogging has made it easier to stay in touch with a larger number of people but some would argue that the depth of the relationships suffer. I'm not one of those poeple..maybe because I'm not that deep? Perhaps.




For the complete list of the 30 Days of Truth Click Here

3 comments:

smashbravo said...

New followers from the Weekend Blog Hop. Will follow you on FB and Twitter as well.

Have a great weekend with the doggies :)

http://sammymakessix.blogspot.com/

Nicole said...

Excellent post

Sandra said...

Wow you are doing the 30 days of truth...good for you. I can't bring myself to do it, some of the topics are so intense!
I know what you mean about the social networks. I find that i have so many "friends" but so few that I would really care to connect with...ever. What does that say about us now as humans that we prefer contact which doesn't require intimacy.
Anyway Holly Diane, i think it's great that you have undertaken the challenge! I'm behind you 100%~