Monday, August 16, 2010

Day 4 of the 30 days of Truth

Day 4: Something you have to forgive someone for.

Ack..another one of these type posts...I am not enjoying these last few days of the 30 days of truth!

I don't think that I hold on to grudges or wrong doings. I am actually pretty quick to forgive.Yes, I may still  tease my sister about stealing my car, sleeping with my ex husband and killing my hamster (ok it was really my other sisters hamster but I needed a third thing) but I have really forgiven her a long, long time ago.

I try not to clutter my life with ill will. People may disappoint me or upset me but it just hurts ME to keep that feeling going , it's much more freeing to let it go. I may think twice about how close I am with them in the future but for my own sanity I have let what ever it is they have done, go.

It has always bothered me to see people live their lives as victims. They were abused or hurt in the past and because of that they either have a chip on their shoulder because they are waiting for someone else to try and hurt them , or they feel sorry for themselves and blame everything that has gone wrong in their lives on the past.

No one makes it to old age without some scars. Your quality of life will be the relection of how you look at your scars. For me, I see them, I know they are there, I know they are not going to go away but they are almost invisible , kind of like freckles..they blend in. Do I wish that I had less freckles? I don't really think about it. Do I stop living life in the sun because I'm worried about more? No. I protect myself with sunscreen (positive attitude) and go on living.

As I've gotten older I have learned a few things. I control how I feel, Others can not "make" me feel anything.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

i would like to join in late.. to this 30 days of truth.. could you email me the directions.. and who started it.. eatmywords40@yahoo.com

Granite State Pet Sitting said...

Very good points you make!
Have a wonderful Monday.