Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Day 18 of the 30 Day Blog Journal

"Discreet lovers". 2 women Emboss.Image via Wikipedia
Day 18 my wedding or future wedding...

I have been married three times. My favorite line is that it took me three times until I realized being a lesbian was an option.

I am good friends with my ex's for the most part, the divorces were just as much me as it was them. I honestly have always been attracted to women but did not really think about having a woman as a partner until about five years ago. I had had girlfriends but also boyfriends or husbands being my main relationship. When that changed and I put the woman in my life first it was a real eye opener for me.
Another wedding isn't something I think about much because it's not legal in Florida. My partner and I are just like a married couple in many ways..we share a home, bank accounts,pets, etc. When I had hip surgery she stayed in the hospital room with me every night until I went home. Not all hospitals allow that, luckily mine did.


Lesbian couple holding hands, from behindImage via Wikipedia
Enhanced by Zemanta

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Love is love, and if you have that, you have the world.

WhiteSockGirl aka The Fabulous Bitch said...

I am with Mama Holly above,... love is precious, and once you found it, the rest is just silly details. My believe anyway!
Fourth time lucky, you say? Maybe there is just hope in love for me still.. Ahem!