Thursday, July 16, 2015

Weekly Hair Update

I missed my weekly update yesterday due to a wet mess at my house. But here we go ....week four of my hair updates! :)

It has now been 12 weeks since I have had my hair colored. I wasn't thinking at the time that it would be my last but as the universe often works things just lined up for me that way.  When it was time for my next appointment my hair dresser had something going on with her family and had to cancel. Then by the time my next appointment came along I had just started thinking about going natural so I canceled the appointment to give me more time to think about it.

Recently, I started looking for hairstyles that I liked and made a new Pinterest board to save them on. One of my friends commented on this board on my facebook page and now my dear friend Heide that has done my hair for 20+ years knows about my grey project.To say that she is not on board is an understatement. I love her dearly but doubt I'll change her thinking on this one.  It will be ok. :)

I went out to dinner with my sister for her birthday last week and my hair adventure came up. My mom even said that she is thinking about doing the same thing! I love the support. Lord knows I've gone though many hair styles/colors during my life and not always the best look or choices.  The great thing about hair..it grows back. I remember wanting to shave it when Sinead O'Connor was popular but Heide explained to me that not everyone has a pretty head and few would look as beautiful as Sinead did.  Ok I'm thankful that I didn't shave it off but after seeing some of my friends battle cancer and lose their hair I have yet to see an ugly bald head.

I look forward to taking these pictures every week to see how much my hair has changed.



0 comments: