Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Autumn Begins

I don't know if it is because I was born in October or what, but Fall has always been my favorite season. Living in Florida now I don't get to enjoy it as much as I did up north. It doesn't cool off in the evenings here and the leaves don't change colors.

Some of my favorite fall memories are playing in the leaves, missing school one day and going out with my mom to take fall pictures in the park, smelling the scents of cinnamon and apples as mom changed out her candles around the house.

This picture was taken in Moberly, Mo . It is of my family. (I'm the one with glasses) The photographer Rob Vance just passed away I heard today :( , he was a life long friend of the family and the reason we moved to Venice Fl. 29 years ago.
I've been in the mood to decorate for fall this year. I picked up some glittery pumpkins at the dollar tree (everything is better with glitter!) and set them on the counter at work. I ordered a large lot of soaps and creams from Bath & Body works in all the yummy pumpkin flavors.  If I was really adventurous I'd bake a  pumpkin pie but not sure I'm up to that. I did watch a youtube video last night with some pumpkin cheesecake cupcakes that looked pretty delish, I'll share the link with you here.

Here are a few other fall photos from my college days.



0 comments: