I've seen people get angry because someone doesn't answer their call. Since I am one that does not always answer my calls I try and see it from their side. Perhaps they are in the middle of something, or just not in the mood to talk, or God forbid they don't have their phone with them!
And let's just face it, there are some people that you just don't want to talk to! The person that only calls when they want something from you. Or the dreaded bill collector, or neighbor that is calling to complain about your ____ (fill in the blank).
Facebook adds a new problem with not answering your phone. I have my settings so it doesn't show if I am online or not but if I am leaving comments or changing my status update it will show a time. So those people that are calling me without getting an answer can see that I am online but not answering their calls. This still doesn't mean that I am not multi-tasking and doing work or talking on the phone with someone else when they call.
This week I saw an exchange between two of my friends on facebook. One posted a picture and the other said something about it being rude because she had time to post a picture but not to answer her phone when she had called. I personally think leaving that message was rude, unless she was joking and I don't think she was.
I love caller I.D. but I also wish that it would have a brief explanation of why the person was calling before I know if I want to answer or not. Who wouldn't love that?! I guess that is a reason I am a big fan of texting and not talking.
Pros of texting and not talking:
- You can set your phone down between texts
- You can answer when it's convenient to you
- You can add cute smiley faces to the conversation
- You can keep the text to remind you later of details about the conversation (I never do this, I am a huge fan of DELETE on my phone)
- You can text many people at the same time
- You can send pictures in your texts.
- Texting usually takes up less time that a phone call does. Unless you are an all day texter which is good too because you can multi task easier than if you were tied to a phone call all day long.
My friend Kelly is my All My Children expert and it's nice when I'm watching if I have a question I can send a quick text for the answer and not miss any of the show like I would have with a phone call.
Anyway I have rambled on long enough about texting and phone calls. I hope that you all have a great day! I'd love to hear your take on texting vs phone calls...What do you prefer?