Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Kinda Creepy!

If you spend any amount of time online at all have you noticed the ads that come to your spam folder, or along the right hand side of your facebook page? Being in the vacation rental business we are always googling stuff like "Siesta Key Vacation Rental" to see where we show up on the web and what we need to change in our advertising to get higher rankings, so it didn't surprise me much when all kind of vacation sites started showing up on my facebook page.

What creeps me out though is stuff that happens like today. I had searched for credit card merchant accounts. I found one, emailed back and forth with the guy and then headed home. Before I even made it home another company called our work number wanting to come by and compare our plan. Coincidence? I think not. As a business owner I think it's genius, as a consumer, creepy!

A few weeks ago Vic was looking for health insurance and the same thing happened. All of a sudden she started getting emails and stuff in the mail from insurance companies! Has this happened to you and if so what do you think about it?

0 comments: